Thursday, October 10, 2013

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 30 | Beige/Taupe/Oatmeal and Tan Boots


10-10-13


10-10-13e


Steve Madden Candence cognac


30 shoe saves already! Not bad going since we’re only 6 weeks in to the challenge. For me that represents just over a third of my collection so I feel like I’m motoring through. I know the saving will slow down once all of my boots have been worn though, as some of the shoes on my list are not suitable for winter wear and will have to wait until next spring to be rescued.


10-10-13f


10-10-13b


Today’s Style 365 outfit is all pale colours. I don’t have any trousers this colour, and if I did they would have been packed away for the autumn and winter by now, so I subbed in tights and wore a knitted dress instead of the sweater. It’s almost the same thing. Boots work better for me than ballet flats at this time of year, especially since today was the day that the temperature really dipped and the high was just 9°C (that’s 48°F for those still dealing in old money). (I feel like I should learn Fahrenheit, just for general knowledge purposes though. I should also learn how to spell Fahrenheit as I just had to Google it. No idea that first ‘H’ was in there!) I’m not complaining though. I like cool, crisp autumn weather.

10-10-13c


Anyway, this is the last day of my Style 365 week (unless tomorrow’s outfit is miraculously jeans and a black sweater and I’ve enjoyed it so I’ll probably do it again at some point. It’s been a bit of a challenge to me to adapt the suggested outfits, and also the fact that you don’t get a new outfit until 7pm the evening before. I like to plan my outfits ahead, sometimes days in advance.

10-10-13d


Finally, the boots. These were c/o the lovely people at Sarenza and are by Steve Madden. You can never have too many flat tan boots in your closet (I may have just ordered another pair with this month’s brand ambassador voucher...) and I love a good slouchy pair. I had two pairs of boots similar to this previously but they weren’t leather and I wore them til they wore out. I’m hoping this pair will last longer as they are leather.

Beige dress – Bay Trading (sale)
Cream leather belt – gifted
Beige tights – H&M?
Tan boots – Steve Madden (c/o Sarenza)
Wood heart necklace – Scope
Wood bangles – gifted
Leopard print scarf – H&M
Trench coat – Next Tall
Silver square hoops - Claire's


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment