Friday, October 18, 2013

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 32 | Boot Cut Jeans with Navy and Cowboy Boots

18-10-13b


18-10-13f


Sancho Elvis Femme cowboy boots


It’s been a week since the last shoe save but here’s another one. I do need to save more than one a week though to make sure they all get worn before September 1st next year.

18-10-13c


18-10-13d


Boot cut/flared leg jeans are something of a novelty for me: although I have several pairs in my wardrobe I tend to pass over them in favour of skinnies or straight legs. I find that unless boot cuts are the exact right length for the shoes you’re wearing then they will drag on the floor, get wet etc. And if you start out in jeans the right length for heels it’s hard to switch out the shoes for flats later on. Skinnies and straight legs make it so much easier. All that is not to say that I don’t like a wider leg opening because I do. I think a pointy boot peeping out from beneath a flare leg is a very classic look. These jeans are the right length for a low heeled boot such as my cowboy boots. They were a lucky find in a charity shop when I was in Whitby with my sister the other week. I’ve never had FCUK jeans before this pair, always writing them off as not being long enough but these are an awesome length. And because they’re second hand they’re already a little frayed on the backs of the hems so I don’t have to worry about damaging them myself.

18-10-13


18-10-13e


The cowboy boots are by Sancho and I got them earlier this year from Sarenza. I’ve not worn them much as they need a bit of breaking in so I’m on a mission to do that now. They’re leather inside and out so they should mould nicely. I’ve got some thick socks on and I hope they are going to become really comfy.

Navy jacket – Warehouse (sale)
Navy polo neck – Long Tall Sally (15% discount)
Jeans – French Connection (charity shop)
Brown boots – Sancho (c/o Sarenza)
Silver square hoops – Claire’s
Blue and diamante necklace – Primark
Blue beads – Scope
Blue check scarf – self made


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment