Monday, December 16, 2013

Outfit: Festive Hectic Weekend

15-12-13


Long Tall Sally Burgundy Flats


I had quite a hectic one this weekend. Saturday there was a gathering of all my family for a pre-Christmas lunch and gift exchange. My parents usually host this but decided this year it would be easier if we went out so we ate at a local carvery pub. After lunch we headed home. I spent the evening wrapping Christmas presents, watching festive episodes of the X Files and drinking tea.

On Friday I bought a Christmas tree. It’s quite small and very thin because we don’t have a lot of space for a big tree now. It is still waiting to be decorated as we’ve not got the things down from the loft yet.

14-12-13


Sunday I thought I was saving a pair of shoes but when I checked my list I found that they were already safe. I did manage to dress head to toe in Long Tall Sally though, so there’s that. I headed off to church as the choir was singing an anthem for the Advent Carol Service and I was on Sunday School duty. There was a choir practice after the service in preparation for the evening carol service, then I went home and baked some scones as we had my parents coming over for afternoon tea.

In the evening I went back to church for the candlelight carol service. We hold this at my church every year and it is a magical occasion – the whole church is lit only by candlelight which makes it really Christmassy.

Mint sweater – Long Tall Sally (sale)
Jeans – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Burgundy patent shoes – Long Tall Sally (15% discount)
Red beads – eBay
Silver snowflake earrings – Funky Junk Jewellery


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment