Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 56 | Waterproof Shoes

15-01-14c


15-01-14e


Hunter mint flats


I have long thought that a pair of plastic or rubber flats, such as the Melissa Ultagirl ones, would be a good idea. However, I have also long suspected that the Melissa shoes would not fit me, given that their largest size is a 41/42 and the heels I had in that size were on the small side. So when I spotted these Hunter flats in the Sarenza sale last week, in a size 42, I decided to give them a try. Who even knew Hunter made shoes in addition to their famous wellies? They do though, and sandals too.

15-01-14b


I wore the shoes today as the forecast was for rain showers. They fit me lengthwise but they push down on the tops of my toes, weirdly. I hope this will ease up with a few wears as I really like the colour and the idea of waterproof shoes that won’t get ruined in a rain shower. I mean, your feet will still get wet in these as they’re cut quite low at the sides, but the shoes will survive intact.

15-01-14d


As these shoes are such a bright colour I paired them with a fairly neutral outfit and matchy accessories. I still love these striped pants as much as I did when I first got them. I’m just in a pants-wearing mood this week. Sometimes it’s skirts and dresses that I want to wear, other times it’s pants.

15-01-14


Technically I don’t need to include these shoes in the Shoeper Challenge as I received them after the challenge started. But in previous years I have included all new shoes so I’m doing the same this year. And it is called a challenge after all!

Black polo neck sweater – New Look Tall
Charcoal and ecru stripe pants – Forever 21
Turquoise flats – Hunter (c/o Sarenza)
Turquoise pashmina – eBay
Turquoise necklace – gifted
Silver square hoops – Claire’s


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment