Saturday, May 03, 2014

Outfit: Casual Saturday and a Really Easy Recipe

Untitled


Untitled


Untitled


I thought I had saved a pair of shoes today, but when I checked my list I saw that they were already safe. I’m not sure when I wore them, but it must have been back in the autumn.

Untitled


It was a lovely sunny Saturday today. I did three loads of washing and took myself for a walk to the park this afternoon.

Untitled


Despite the sunshine it wasn’t overly warm – just about 12°C according to the weather app on my phone. But out of the wind and in the sun it was warm enough to sit in the garden with a magazine for a time around midday. Even so, I was glad I’d opted for a sweater and a scarf with my jeans.

Untitled


For tea I made pork and apple burgers and they were delish. They were also super simple to make with just two ingredients: pork and apples (plus a little oil for cooking). I chopped 400g of pork loin steaks and two small (peeled) apples and chucked them in the food processor. I blended them until I had a mince-like consistency and then shaped it into four burgers. I heated a couple of teaspoons of olive oil in a frying pan and fried the burgers until they were browned and cooked through. I seasoned them with a little black pepper as they were cooking as I forgot to add seasoning to the mixture. I served them with homemade potato wedges, sandwich thins (which I find to be a great substitute for bread rolls but you can put them in a bread roll if you’re not trying to be healthy) and baked beans.

Cream and grey stripe sweater – H&M
Jeans – Esprit (c/o Spartoo)
Purple flats – gifted
Purple jewelled necklace – Scope
Scarf – New Look (sale)
Silver hoops – gifted


Follow me on:

1 comment:

  1. Those jeans look great, you look even leaner & taller than normal! It was beautiful down here too yesterday, I spent most of the day in the garden so my arms are a bit pink. Looks like today is going to be the same, hurrah!

    ReplyDelete