Thursday, August 07, 2014

A Sunny Walk

On Monday afternoon, since I was in my home town, I thought I would take a walk up the large hill that overshadows the town. It’s several years since I’d been up there and the views from the top are spectacular and well worth the climb.


This is the view from a little below the halfway point.



There are still some yellow bikes from the Tour de Yorkshire lingering on to decorate the region for the summer.



The view from the top – told you it was spectacular!



And a panoramic shot of the surrounding valleys

There is always an ice cream van parked up in the car park at the top so I treated myself to a well deserved Calippo lolly before starting my descent.

Although the hill looks big, it’s actually less than a mile from the town to the top so it’s the perfect afternoon walk. If I still lived there I would be up there all the time.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment