Monday, September 22, 2014

Outfit: Shorts

21-09-14


21-09-14e


Jones Bootmaker red suede flats


I like the idea of a playsuit in theory. However, in practice I suspect they would not be a good idea – for me at least. My longer-than-average torso means I struggle to find tops that are long enough, never mind and all-in-one garment. Assuming I could find a playsuit that fit, what about the practical aspect of using the bathroom? You have to pretty much get naked in order to go. When I think about it, the thing I like about the playsuit is wearing shorts. And well, I can achieve that by just, you know, wearing shorts. Paired with a top in the same colour you get the idea of a playsuit, but without all the impracticalities of actually wearing one.

21-09-14d


21-09-14b


All this waffle is to say that on Sunday, I wore shorts. With tights. I still think it’s too early for black tights with dresses, but 15°C is too chilly for shorts and bare legs so the tights came out. I went to church in the morning and in the afternoon headed into the city for a wander round.

21-09-14d


Friday night I used my Remington Spin Curl hairdryer to make my hair wavy. This is a gadget I’ve had for several years now (and I got it on eBay for the bargain price of £10) and I get it out periodically. I had it in my head that it takes a long time to use, but as I’ve recently been blow drying and straightening my hair in the evening (to save time in the morning) it really didn’t take any longer than that to use. I put the Treseme 7 day keratin product in my hair before drying it, in the hope that the waves would hold better. And they lasted better than they usually would I think. In fact, I think they looked better on Sunday than they did on Saturday. All I did was spray the spins with gel spray on Friday night, then finger combed them through to separate them on Saturday morning. Saturday night I put my hair in a ponytail on top of my head and then finger combed again Sunday morning.

Black sweater – Long Tall Sally
Black shorts – Long Tall Sally
Black tights – New Look?
Red suede shoes – Jones Bootmaker (sale)
Red beads – eBay
Silver square hoops – Claire’s
Red and cream bangles – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment