Sunday, September 21, 2014

This Week..

.

This week I’ve been listening to the Little Shop of Horrors soundtrack. Today is what I always deem Little Shop of Horrors day. It’s 21st September and if you know the play (not the film, the film says 23rd) you know it starts ‘On the 21st day in the month of September...’. If you don’t know the play (or the film), watch the film. Steve Martin as a psychopathic dentist, a singing plant and awesome music - what’s not to love?

Little Shop was the school play when I was in the third form and my friends and I were obsessed with it for the rest of our high school careers. We would quote it at every opportunity and the chorus group that was formed for the show became a spin off choir in its own right, called The Horrors.  We rehearsed on a Friday dinner time and sang all kinds of music from West End show tunes to Christmas carols. Even now when I hear the words 'feed me' my instinct is to reply 'does it have to be human? Does it have to be mine? Where am I s'posed to get it?'. And I'm sure all of my high school friends and would say the same.

Happy Little Shop Day!

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment