Sunday, November 02, 2014

This Week...

I wrote a few weeks ago about how I’ve been enjoying the Friday night Music Goes Round programme on Radio 2. Another weekend offering on the same station is Saturday afternoon’s Pick of the Pops. This is essentially just a chart run down from that week in two years past, and can vary from the 1950s to the 1990s.

Back when I was at high school the local commercial station, Aire FM (Radio Aire as it’s now known) used to play the Retro Chart each weekday morning, hosted by Bruno Brookes (for younger or overseas readers saying, who? – just know that he was a big deal on Radio 1 back in the day). I loved listening to it and Pick of the Pops reminds me of that show. Obviously my preference is for countdowns from the late 80s or early 90s, the time I was first listening to the radio regularly. But any year will do as long as the music is good, and it usually is.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment