Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Outfit: Jeans and Trainers




I have never had a pair of really girly trainers. Women’s trainer styles always seem to stop at a size 7 which is too small for my feet so I am always stuck with trying to pick out the daintiest looking pair from the men’s range. A huge thank you goes out to the lovely people at George (Asda) for deciding to make some girly trainers up to a size 9! I chose the turquoise pair but at only £12 each you could also get the blue pair and the bright purple with hot pink trim pair too.


Yes I’m wearing the same top as in my last outfit post. What can I say? I love it and the turquoise on the print matches my new trainers exactly. The jeans are another of my birthday pairs from Primark. These are supposed to be a slim boyfriend fit, but my regular size on me seems to fit more like skinnies. I could have sized up I suppose, but I was happy with these. What I like about them is that there is no distressing on the knees. I have found from previous experience that holes in the knees tend to rip further if you do not patch them, and well, patching every new pair of jeans is just a faff so these ones are perfect.

This was Friday’s outfit and I was exceptionally pleased with my hair that day. I curled it the night before, right before bed, sprayed it with gel hairspray and just left it. In the morning I finger combed it out and spritzed it with ordinary hairspray. I don’t like to spend a lot of time faffing with my hair on weekday mornings so will often straighten it the night before so that it just needs a brush and a tidy up in the mornings. I’ve been trying out daily contact lenses this week (they finally started making toric lenses (for an astigmatism) in my super high prescription – yay!) and they are so flimsy that they take me a while to get in. So anything I can do to cut down the rest of my morning routine is definitely a bonus. I’m sticking with the daily lenses though, it’s great just binning them at the end of the day rather than messing about with solution, and cleaning and storage pots.

Top – M&S Kids’ (sale)
Jeans – Primark (gifted)
Trainers – George at Asda
Earrings – gifted
Bangles – Scope


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment