Monday, November 07, 2016

Outfit: October 28th – Layered Shirt and Sweater, and Metallic Brogues

28-10-16b


28-10-16


28-10-16c


28-10-16d


28-10-16e


28-10-16g


M&S metallic brogues


I am not always a massive fan of layering a shirt under a sweater. I love the effect, but I feel like it can sometime look a bit bulky on me if the shirt doesn’t lay flat under the sweater. The answer to this, then, is to pair a button down with an oversize sweater, thereby negating the need for the shirt to lie perfectly flat as there is plenty of room under the sweater. It also adds an extra layer of clothing to my outfit as it was getting a little chilly just wearing this fairly thin knit just as it was.

As tempting as it was to wear my tan ankle boots again today, or even the black heeled pair, I decided to give them both a rest and pulled out my metallic brogues instead. I took the laces out of them the other day as I felt they made the shoes look a bit frumpy. There is a piece of elastic underneath the tongue holding the two sides of the shoe together (good old M&S design details) so the laces are really necessary anyway. I like them much better like this (not to mention they are far less of a faff to put on) so expect to see them in heavier rotation in the coming weeks.

Sweater – Primark (sale)
Shirt – Long Tall Sally (sale)
Jeans – Primark
Shoes – M&S (via 1940s weekend)
Necklace – Primark
Belt – Pieces (c/o Spartoo)

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment