Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Outfit: July 10th – Rain After The Sunshine

10-07-17


10-07-17b


10-07-17c


10-07-17d


10-07-17e


10-07-17f


10-07-17g


After a lovely, sunny weekend Monday morning dawned wet and rainy. I didn’t mind too much though as I was planning to cover up anyway. A weekend spent in the sun left me looking a bit pink on my shoulders and thighs so long sleeves were definitely the way forward for a day or two. I often feel that my long sleeve t shirts get a bit neglected anyway. It’s not often that it’s the right temperature to just wear them as they are – I always need a layer under or over them in winter, and then the weather warms up and I go straight for short sleeves. So I decided to give my burgundy top some love this day.

I spent Saturday with my sister and my five year old niece, Little Miss M. We went to Build A Bear in the morning, a very belated fifth birthday present for her, then in the afternoon we had a water fight in my back garden as it was hot and sunny. The young man joined in too and little Miss M thought it was the best thing ever.

Sunday afternoon I sat and read for most of the time. It’s not often that I’ll spend so much time reading, but I just started a new Dorothy Koomson book (she is totally my favourite author, if you’ve never read any of her books then go and check them out!) on my Kindle app and once I get going with anything of hers it’s really hard to put it down. I even switched to reading on my phone for a while when the battery ran out on my iPad!

Finally, I did my hair over the weekend. I’m still getting it properly cut and styled in a week’s time, so it will probably have changed again by the time this post goes live, but the scraggy ends finally got the better of me and I put a darker colour on it to improve the condition, as well as chopping my longest sections about two inches to get rid of the worst bits. So it’s temporary new hair, but I feel like it looks so much better already.

Top – Long Tall Sally (sale)
Trousers – Forever 21
Shoes – Primark
Choker – Primark
Earrings – self made

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment