Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Outfit: October 12th – From Desk to Dancing

12-10-17


12-10-17b


12-10-17c


12-10-17d


12-10-17e


12-10-17f


This is what I wore to work, then to go and see Bucks Fizz (or The Fizz as they are calling themselves now) at the City Varieties. I have long been a fan of Bucks Fizz, despite being just two years old when they won the Eurovision Song Contest. When I was growing up we had some neighbours who were sisters and were a few years older than my sister and me. They would often pass things on to my sister and me that they have grown out of – Barbie dolls and My Little Ponies to start with, but later clothes and a bit of vinyl, which included a Bucks Fizz album. It was always exciting to get a bag from these girls – they were older than us and therefore cooler, so anything they had given us was worth wearing. The same followed for their taste in music – despite not really knowing who Bucks Fizz were (although Cheryl Baker was enjoying a career on children’s television doing Eggs and Baker and Record Breakers by that point so I knew who she was, I had no idea until then that she’d been a popstar though!) when we were presented with the 1982 album Are You Ready? it was obviously worth a listen. Well I loved it! We didn’t have much pop music in the house then so that (and the Shakin’ Stevens album that came with it) got played and played.

Anyway, when Mike, Cheryl and Jay reformed as a group a few years ago (The Fizz is a better name than Formerly of Bucks Fizz which they had to call themselves previously due to the Bucks Fizz name being owned by the fourth member of the group who was still touring under it) I was very excited and my sister and I have now seen them live three times.

This is what I wore for work, then I switched out the cosy cardi for my black faux-leather jacket, put my hair up and I was good to go.

Cardi – Primark
Top – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Trousers – F+F at Tesco
Necklace – gifted
Earrings – Primark
Shoes – La Redoute


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment