Thursday, January 18, 2018

Outfit: January 10th – Black on Black on Black (and Silver)

10-01-18


10-01-18b


10-01-18f


10-01-18c


10-01-18d


10-01-18e


10-01-18g


Had it not been raining the morning I wore this I might have been tempted to add in my silver boots to this look. But they are fabric and therefore not great for rain. Another time. I was thinking of wearing red boots with this this, which would have looked awesome, but then I got dressed and was liking the all-black vibe so I stuck with it and added black boots too. Thanks to the rain my hair was well and truly squished by the time I got to work (a bobble hat and hood are not the best combination for keeping volume in your hair but they do keep your head dry and ensure you can see out of your coat (if I just put up the hood on my coat it falls down over my face and restricts my view! The bobble hat is needed to lift the hood up enough so that I can see!).

This sweater is a size 18. I don’t know what went on with the sizing of M&S cashmere last season but I took a tip from Avril of A Life To Style (http://www.alifetostyle.com/ ) and tried the larger sizes they had left in the sale. She tried a size 22 and it just fit in a slouchy, oversized kind of way (and she’s only around the same size as me on top, if not a bit smaller) and looked great. So that’s how I ended up with this size 18 and the grey version in a size 22. Ridiculous, but it goes to show that you shouldn’t always pay attention to the number on the label, just go with the fit you like.

Sweater – Marks and Spencer (sale)
Trousers – F+F at Tesco
Boots – Clarks outlet (sale)
Necklace – gifted
Earrings – Nickel and Suede
Bracelet – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment