Monday, January 15, 2018

Outfit: January 7th - Denim Mini and (Yes, More) Stripes!

07-01-18b



07-01-18


07-01-18c


07-01-18e


It was so cold the Sunday just I wore this. There was frost in the back garden that didn't lift all day as the sun never got to it. There was sunshine though, it was a lovely afternoon and I took full advantage of it by getting out for a walk. These leggings from Primark are amazing for that kind of weather. They are the velvet lined leggings which I have always disregarded in the past as being too short for my ridiculously long legs. But someone in the tall people's Facebook group that I'm in recommended them to us tallies and so I thought I'd try them out. And, as I said above: amazing! They reach my ankle bones so they're just long enough if you are tall like I am (I'm 5'11" and wear a 34" inside leg in skinny jeans, for reference). They look like regular, thick tights from the outside but the secret is on the inside which is lined with a sort of soft, furry lining (not really velvet as the name would suggest). They are SO COSY! Had I been wearing jeans on my walk the fronts of my thighs would have been pretty much numb by the time I got home. In these leggings? Not so much. I wouldn't say I was toasty warm, but I wasn't cold and when it's literally freezing out, that's good enough for me!

In other news, I seem to be 'give me all the cashmere' at the moment. I love that a cashmere sweater is warm but lightweight and not bulky, meaning a jacket will fit over the top without you losing the ability to move your arms. Yes cashmere is expensive but now is the perfect time to look for it in the sales, or check out eBay (which is where I got this particular sweater) and you can definitely find it for the price of an acrylic sweater, if not cheaper.

Sweater - Gap men's (via eBay)
Skirt - Dorothy Perkins Tall
Leggings - Primark
Boots - Geox (c/o Sarenza)
Necklace - gifted
Earrings - Nickel and Suede


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment