Thursday, May 15, 2008

Why I Love: Peep Toe Shoes



I don’t know why I didn’t get into peep toe shoes earlier. They’ve been around for a few seasons now but I only purchased my first pair towards the end of last summer. And with all the rain, I don’t think I got to wear them until this spring. All 3 pairs I own are from a charity shop so I suppose I’m still testing out the look really, but I have to say, I’m loving it! I think what I like so much about peep toes is that they are a kind of compromise between a sandal and a shoe. You still get the glamour of a high heel, and support around your heel, yet the toe is open and your feet can breathe.

I believe I had some peep toe shoes back in about 1986/87 when I was 7 or 8. I can definitely remember wearing them at Brownies because another girl in the pack had the same ones. I think they were white slip ons and may have had a tiny wedge heel. They definitely had a peep toe. I also remember having some sling backs with a peep toe when I was a bit older. I think they were brightly coloured (bright yellow featured prominently if I recall correctly) but the elastic at the back was so tight it tried to shove your whole foot through the peep toe and rendered the shoes unwearable.

And so we fast forward to this summer when I am thoroughly enjoying wearing my current pairs of peep toe shoes, and showing off the brightly coloured nail polish on my toes at the same time!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, have recently reconnected with the peep-toe shoe. Peeps are great if you work in an office environment and want to look fabulous in the summer, but also look professional. I've managed to collect quite a few pair in the past year!

    Your shoes are fabulous, but can you mix in a few more colors other than blue in the outfits? You have fabulous coloring and would look great in greens, plums, and pinks also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really cool peep toes and how do you find such fab stuff in charity shops? I haven't ever found anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a slave to peep-toe shoes.

    Although, of course, gorgeous toenails are a must!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous: Thanks for the comment. I am aware that I wear a lot of blue and red - what can I say: they're my favourites! But there's a pink outfit coming your way tomorrow so keep your eyes peeled!

    Spiragirl: Thanks and I don't know! I don't always get lucky with charity shop bargains, it's been a while now since I found anything. Perhaps it's because I wear size 8 shoes that I find things. And probably has something to do with the fact that I go into a LOT of charity shops lol!

    Elisabeth: Absolutely with you on the gorgeous toenails! That's why I have such a colourful collection of nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete