Friday, November 07, 2008

The Importance Of Online Shopping

This week I have been chasing all over the place trying to get hold of two pairs of boots – one from Primark and one from Matalan. They have been out of stock at all my local stores and the sales staff don’t seem to know when more will be delivered. Now if these were any other shop, I would just be able to go on to their website and order what I wanted online. But I can’t do that in this case. Oh no. For Matalan and Primark do not have an online shopping facility. So, a message to both of these shops: It is 2008. Google has been around for 10 years. For goodness sake, to keep your customers happy, GET A TRANSACTIONAL WEBSITE! That is all. Thank you.

4 comments:

  1. Amen to that!!!! Guess where I'm off to this weekend - Matalan and Primark looking for a pair of shoes and boots I've seen on their websites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The internet is killing the high street! There are some of us that want to keep the real life experience alive (do like that I liken my little shop to two huge chains!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spiragirl: Good luck with that! Hope you fare better than I have.

    Boutique Girl: I would never want the internet to replace the high street, I love to go to the shops and would far rather see something and try it on before buying. Plus there's the immediacy of a real shop, you have the item there and then. But it's nice to have the option to buy online if something is not available in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do agree. I do use the internet to get better deals and to get unusual items (not living in a city). But I get annoyed with people taking all of there shopping cash to faceless sites!

    ReplyDelete