Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Outfit: Chris Randall’s Scarf

21-10-09b

21-10-09c

21-10-09d

21-10-09f

21-10-09h

October21

NL Blue

If you have been paying attention to my This Week… posts and my Twitter stream, you will know that I am a big fan of 80s Australian soap/drama The Flying Doctors. My favourite character is Dr Chris Randall. In one episode she was given a square scarf by an old man who was a Shoddy Dropper (and later died). In brilliant continuity the character of Chris was then seen wearing the scarf in many episodes that followed. Actually, the costume continuity of the show was good on the whole. It is set in a fictional Outback town called Coopers Crossing and there are no clothes shops there. Thus all the main characters are seen in the same selection of outfits year after year as there is nowhere to buy anything new.

Having thrifted 3 square scarves myself a couple of months back, I am now trying to incorporate them into more outfits. I like wearing them folded into a triangle as in today’s pictures – you get warmth at your neck without the bulk of a big pashmina. So today I started with a classic black wrap dress and added blue accessories for some interest.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, my nails are not black, they are navy blue. The shade is Intense by Collection 2000.

Black cardi – New Look Tall
Black wrap dress – Luxuriously Tall
Black belt – New Look Tall (free with shirt)
Black tights – Silkies
Blue patent shoes – New Look
Blue bangle – Diamonds & Pearls
Blue ring – Dorothy Perkins
Scarf – charity shop

Total Est. Cost £51

2 comments:

  1. Love the little pops of blue-- such a great accent color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty blue, and it really pops against black!

    ReplyDelete