Friday, March 26, 2010

Reveiw: Maybelline Mascara Falsies


I seem to have developed an expensive taste in make up recently (Estée Lauder, Clinique...) so when Superdrug asked me to try out the new Maybelline Mascara Falsies, I was keen to see whether I could like a high street brand again. The tube is a can’t-miss-it bright pink colour and is wide in diameter – presumably to reinforce the message that this will create huge lashes as much as to house the curved brush.

The brush is curved to spread out the lashes and coat each one evenly. Maybelline say that it gives you “3 x more visible lashes, while our Pro_Keratin filter formula fills in every gap. False lash fab-guaranteed.” Having never worn false lashes myself, I can’t really comment on this claim, however, I would imagine that false lashes give a bit more of a dramatic effect than this mascara does. Having said that though, it certainly coats well and fans out your lashes giving them their full effect.

I would probably buy this product as a cheaper alternative to the more expensive brand I am currently using. It retails for £7.99 usually, but Superdrug are currently offering £2 off, making it £5.99.

1 comment: