Thursday, September 01, 2011

Fall Wardrobe Picks – What I Bought

So, my fall shopping is complete and all before the end of August. (Thanks for that, H&M.) There were just five items on my list but I ended up with a couple of new pairs of jeans too, to replace three pairs which are now too big (I’ve put all 3 pairs on eBay in the hopes of recouping a bit of the cash).

So here’s what I got:


Beige/Tan sweater, New Look Tall (I loved the look of the cardi LTS have with the skirt below, but this sweater was around half the price and is the same colour)




Colour block skirt, Long Tall Sally (If you hate ironing, this is not the skirt for you!  All those pleats needed pressing as it was creased in the wrong places after shipping.  However, the fabric is a lovely heavy cotton and should work year round.  I think this style runs big - I sized down following my weight loss, but could probably have got away with a smaller size still.  I had to make an extra hole in the belt to hold the skirt up)




Stripe sweater, H&M (I love this!  The sleeves are as long as they look in the catalogue/website images and it seems like it will be super cosy)




Navy leggings, Tall Girls (Full length leggings for when it get colder)




Skinny jeans, H&M (Dark skinny jeans to replace the pair that was bunching at the front as they were so big)




Flare jeans, River Island (RI call these boot cut, but they look more flared to me.  A size smaller than my last RI pair, these are a flattering cut and I can see them getting a lot of wear)




Tights, H&M (Can't go wrong with thick ribbed tights!)



I can’t wait to wear the striped sweater and the thick tights when it gets a little colder. Fall: bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment