Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #85 and a Very Long Meeting

11-10-11k


11-10-11l


11-10-11p


Khrio black boots


It was drama group committee last night. I took a shower and blow dried my hair with my Babyliss Big Hair as soon as I got in from work, as I had a feeling it would be a long meeting. I was not wrong. We started at 7.30pm and it was gone 10pm by the time we were done. It wasn’t at all dull, we just had a lot to discuss.

11-10-11j


As I was taking my pictures I was rudely interrupted by a chap at the door trying to flog me Sky TV. As soon as I saw his Sky ID badge I said no thank you and was going to close the door, but he started with incessant questioning about what broadband provider I was with, whether I had cable TV (that would be difficult as my street is not cabled) etc. I explained, as I explain to all Sky salesmen, that I don’t want Sky. I had it a few years back when I lived with my sister and their customer services were shocking. First off, they kept writing to the previous tenant of the house, chasing a payment of £9.25. For all the letters they sent, I’m sure it cost them far more than the £9.25 they were chasing. I wrote, emailed and phoned them on several occasions to say that the person they were writing to no longer lived in the house and would they please stop? They ignored me. I sent the letters back. I tried Bill Bryson’s trick of tearing the letters up and sending them back in an envelope with no stamp. They kept writing and for all I know, they still are. Secondly, when I was moving out of that house I phoned Sky to cancel as I was moving to a flat where I couldn’t have Sky. I was on hold for over 50 minutes (at my own expense) and no one bothered to answer the phone. I gave up, emailed them and cancelled my direct debit. Three weeks later I got a reply saying they were so sorry I was leaving and what could they do to make me stay. I replied with pretty much what I’ve written above and never heard from them again.

11-10-11m


I was very excited to bust out my first polo neck of the season. This one is my favourite due to the buttons on the sleeves. I also managed to save another pair of boots. These are the boots I got from Sarenza recently. I had been on the lookout for a black cowboy style pair and I love the pointy-ness of the toe on these. They are leather inside and out and I think they will get a lot of wear this winter.

11-10-11o


I just did a quick count up and I currently have 5 pairs of boots and 3 pairs of shoes left to save. That’s unless I get some more...

Black polo neck sweater – Long Tall Sally
Jeans – River Island
Black cowboy boots – Khrio (c/o Sarenza)
Snakeskin belt – local boutique
Silver hoops – gifted
Diamante hair clip - Babyliss (Boots)

Total Est. Cost £91

No comments:

Post a Comment