Thursday, January 12, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge #100 and Warmth

12-01-12c


12-01-12d


Georgia Rose red and white


I was going to put my brown denim skirt and brown tights with this outfit, but this morning it was very windy outside (again) and sounded like it might be cold, so I changed my mind and went for this grey skirt as it is made of wool and therefore warmer. These tights also have wool in them and are super cosy. I would definitely recommend them, they were just £6 in Tesco. I’m not too keen on this look overall – it feels a bit ‘school uniform’ to me. I think white shirts under a v-neck sweater will always have that effect, unless they are paired with jeans.

12-01-12


Last night I seemed to be very busy. After tea I took pictures of everything I want to put on eBay (and there is a LOT of stuff). I did some washing, I prepared tonight’s tea to go in the slow cooker, I did some ironing. I made this One Minute Chocolate Cake. I doubled up the ingredients as I was making it for both of us. It turned out OK but each little dish needed cooking for 70 seconds rather than 40. Perhaps my dishes were too deep? Next time I would put in more sugar and a little more milk as it could have done with being a bit moister (MS Word thinks that’s a word – I’m not convinced) and a bit sweeter. I couldn’t be bothered making frosting or sauce for the top, so I heated a few teaspoons of chocolate spread in the microwave for 10 seconds, then melted it on top of the puddings.

Today I need to do some grocery shopping, prepare tomorrow’s tea and perhaps list my things on eBay. At least I can drink hot chocolate whilst doing that last one.

I got two compliments yesterday: the new girls said I had nice glasses, and I was told by two ladies in my office that I am an inspiration to them, dress-wise. I inspired one lady in my office to wear a dress (she usually wears trousers) and the other I inspire to dress up more and wear colour to work, rather than just black, grey or brown, which can be the uniform of so many office workers.

12-01-12b


Finally, the shoe save. These shoes are by Georgia Rose and were sent to be by the lovely people at Sarenza as part of their Brand Ambassador programme. The white and the low heel make them feel more spring/summer to me, but as the deadline for the Shoeper Challenge is February 14th, I had to wear them before that. This is my final pair of shoes (unless I manage to acquire any more before mid-February) and I just have one more pair of boots to save, then I’m done! Please know that I do not have 100 pairs of footwear: some pairs I have saved and then discarded. My current total stands at 86.

Red sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
White shirt – Long Tall Sally
Grey wool skirt – Gap
Grey wool mix tights – F+F at Tesco
Red and white shoes – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Silver hoops – gifted
Silver and diamante necklace – gifted

Total Est. Cost £61

No comments:

Post a Comment