Saturday, February 18, 2012

Outfit: Winter Coat

18-02-12d


Red flat


For someone who loves coats as much as I do, I don’t feature them very often on my blog. So here’s the one I wore today. It was a sale bargain about 4 years ago and I bought it with some Christmas money in the time between Christmas and New Year. It was nice to wear my coat for my pictures as the wind (that you can see causing my hair to attack me) was pretty cold today.

18-02-12b


This morning it was raining when we got up so we had a leisurely breakfast and waited for it to stop. The young man had a friend coming to visit and I had a walk to the village to pick up a parcel from the post office, post a parcel and buy bread and stewing beef from the bakery and butcher.

18-02-12


When I got home my friend S called and I spent a while catching up with her. The young man and his mate headed out for some lunch and I had a quick snack then went to the next town for some charity shopping. I got a couple of tops, which are currently on the clothes dryer (I wash everything I get from charity shops) so you’ll see them when I wear them. When I was done there I went to the mall for a wander round.

18-02-12c


I made macaroni cheese for tea, and we had some soup and the crusty bread I bought this morning to start with. We spent the evening watching Alex Polizzi on the iPlayer and Country Strong on DVD.

The parcel I picked up this morning contained these:

LK Bennett leopard peep toes


They’re LK Bennett and were a complete bargain on eBay (worn just once and in perfect condition). I can’t wait until the weather is suitable for suede peep toes!

I’m beginning to think I am done with shopping on the high street. Not with high street brands, just with shopping on the high street. So many stores are either doing away with their Tall ranges or only stocking them online, and there is such a great market for Tall items on eBay that it seems far easier to purchase things there. Of course I will always enjoy walking round the shops but when there is less and less available that fits me, it can all become a little disheartening. There is always Topshop though, the only remaining place to stock Tall items in store. I tried on a pair of size 10 jeans in there today and they fit! Yes they had a lot of stretch, but even so. I never thought I would see the day as I find a lot of Topshop items to be cut on the small side. I didn’t them – they were a lovely shade of teal but I’m not sure I really need a pair of teal jeans.

Black coat – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Black and white stripe polo neck – Uniqlo (charity shop)
Jeans – River Island
Red boots – Shoe Express (eBay)
Grey flower – Primark

Total Est. Cost £88

No comments:

Post a Comment