Monday, March 12, 2012

Outfit: Manic Monday

12-03-12


12-03-12f


March12


Georgia Rose red and white


It’s been a busy weekend and it looks to be shaping up to be a busy week. Saturday was spring cleaning day. I baked some bread and seemed to spend most of the rest of the day cleaning the house. I cleaned the kitchen and bathroom, dusted, vacced, mopped and tidied. I also did two loads of washing. By about 4pm I was ready for a sit down so I gave myself a pedicure, conscious that the weather is warming up and it will soon be time for peep toe shoes (which I ended up wearing yesterday, although I didn’t get a picture). The young man spent the day digging up the side of the drive and laying aggregate on it. I didn’t take outfit pictures as I was just in scruffy jeans and a hoody all day and didn’t leave the house and garden.

12-03-12b


Yesterday I was on Sunday school duty so I went to church and taught six children about water, having cooked us a full English breakfast before I went out. I did the Tesco shop on the way home, and got a text from the young man saying that two of our friends were coming for lunch. We had soup and homemade bread, then went for a walk to enjoy the glorious sunshine. We took in several pub beer gardens and walked along an old railway line. It was lovely and we finished up back at the friends’ house for a Chinese takeaway (well, I just had chips and gravy and some spring rolls as I couldn’t face a full greasy meal) and watching Victoria Wood clips on You Tube. I did get chance to take pictures in between all that but I wore the red and white striped cowl neck top from last Monday, jeans and leopard print peep toe heels in the morning, switching to my Merrell walking boots in the afternoon.

12-03-12d


Today promises to be spring-like and sunny again. I was going to wear different shoes today but as my feet are a bit sore from all the walking yesterday (I think my boots rubbed) a low heel was all I could manage. These trousers are one of my purchases from Next last week as I don’t have any slim leg smart trousers. (The other purchase was a new pair of jogging bottoms for the gym.) The bright red is a nod to the sunshine which I hope will materialise.

12-03-12e


Tonight one of the friends from yesterday is coming over for tea and I am making scones. Tomorrow is drama group committee, Wednesday I am possibly going to the cinema with my sister, Thursday is church choir and Friday I will be fit to drop!

Red shrug – New Look Tall
Red and white stripe top – H&M
Black trousers – Next Tall
Red and white shoes – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Whitby Jet cross necklace – gifted
Red beads – Claire’s
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £53

No comments:

Post a Comment