Thursday, March 15, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #3 and a Dry Day

15-03-12


15-03-12f


March15


Matalan Tweed


Last night I drove straight into the city after work to meet my sister to go to the cinema. We went for a drink and cake in Starbucks, then met my sister’s friend and went to see The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. The film has had mixed reviews but I thought it was funny and enjoyed it. It stars Dame Judi Dench, Dame Maggie Smith, Celia Imrie, Penelope Wilton, Bill Nighy – you can’t really go wrong with that cast.

15-03-12c


I don’t know how it compares to other parts of the world, but I find going to a British cinema to be a bit of a rip off. We went to a Vue cinema and it was £7.75 for a standard ticket. We opted for the VIP tickets (ie. the whole middle section if the screen is big enough to have three sections) and paid £9.45! OK, we got one of the three tickets free as we had an Orange Wednesdays code (but we were still charged the difference for the VIP upgrade on the free ticket), but that’s not the point. I remember when I was a student and the Odeon cinema in the centre of Bristol was £2.50 on a Monday and Tuesday and £3.00 the rest of the week. We could walk there from our flat and I saw more movies in the cinema that year than I have ever done since. So, you’ve paid the extortionate ticket price and you then have to sit through 10 minutes of adverts and 20 minutes of trailers (aka more adverts for upcoming films). It’s ridiculous. And don’t get me started on the mark up on the confectionary, drinks and popcorn. One of the adverts showed a small cinema that had gone out of business and the message was that film piracy kills cinemas. The irony of course being that it is actually large multiplexes like Vue that kills off small independent cinemas.

15-03-12b


Anyway, back to style blogging. My third shoe save in the challenge (www.shoeperwoman.com) and these tweed numbers were bought for just £6 in the Matalan sale about four years ago. They are fabric so are not much use in wet weather. I guess I should make the most of the dry week we’re having and save as many of my fabric and suede shoes as I can, huh?

15-03-12d


Yes, this is the second time this week wearing these trousers. I really like the shape of them. I don’t wear my button up shirts very often so I chose one for today. I was going to tie the shrug as I usually do, but it looked better belted and I like how the belt has created a kind of peplum shape with the shrug and slightly-too-big shirt.

15-03-12e


Tonight is church choir practice, then I think Mary Portas has a new series starting tonight. I also need to catch up with Gypsy Weddings at some point.

Purple shrug (cut down from another top) – charity shop
Black, white and purple check shirt – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Black trousers – Next Tall
Grey tweed shoes – Matalan
Purple belt – Ethel Austin
Silver hoops – gifted
Purple necklace – gifted

Total Est. Cost £58

No comments:

Post a Comment