Friday, April 13, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #24 and a Long Walk

10-04-12


10-04-12c


10-04-12e


Barratt Tan


Well look at that. The pair of boots I didn’t save on Easter Monday got saved the very next day because it was still cold and raining. On Tuesday morning we both had some errands to run so we headed out separately to those.

10-04-12d


In the afternoon the rain stopped and the sun came out and so we went for a walk. (I changed into jeans and my walking boots.) We went to look at some local ruins which I had yet to see, despite having lived here for over 5 years now. They are the remains of a large old house that was demolished back in the 1890s.

Howley Ruins3


Howley Ruins2


Howley Ruins


I snapped some pictures on my phone whilst we were there.

We carried on and managed to rack up almost 8 miles by the time we got home. We stopped after about 6 miles for a much needed sit down and drink in a pub.

10-04-12b


I made creamy bacon and mushroom risotto for tea – follow the link to the recipe – it’s delicious!

I knew these boots would end up getting saved before the autumn as they are my go to boots for when it’s wet in the summer. The light colour makes them OK all year round and they are super comfy and go with everything so always end up getting lots of wear. They were from Barratts and are actually the second pair I’ve own (I wore out the first pair after wearing them constantly through the winter until they started leaking). They’re not leather but have definitely earned their keep and the cost per wear must be minimal by now. I’m on the look out for another pair similar to these for when they finally bite the dust.

Navy faux wrap sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Navy and white stripe top – H&M
Denim skirt – Jasper Conran (Debenhams)
Navy tights – Tesco
Tan boots – Barratts
White gold and diamond cross – gifted
Silver earrings – gifted

Total Est. Cost £105

No comments:

Post a Comment