Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2012 #39 and Dressing For Summer

23-05-12


23-05-12d


RI Red wedges


I don’t know about you, but I find dressing for summer a bit of a challenge. What to wear to keep cool outside but not freeze inside in the air conditioning? How much skin to expose to stay cool, still be office appropriate and avoid sunburn? No, much as I love the warm weather I am far more at home layering up in sweaters and jackets.

23-05-12c


Last night I went to the mall on my way home and got a few little treats for my new niece. Well, they are more treats for my sister as my niece is a bit little to appreciate them yet, but whatever. It was a whopping 26°C outside so I didn’t linger long and headed home to put my shorts on and sit in the garden. It stayed warm right up to around 10pm which was fabulous compared to the freezing cold nights of late. It made such a change to have the windows open instead of the fire and heating being on.

23-05-12b


So, another pair of shoes is safe in the challenge. I have had a mini cull this week and my total is currently down to 77. So that puts me over halfway there with my saves. Awesome. These wedges were bought two summers ago from River Island, and I hold Shoeperwoman herself responsible for me buying them as she did nothing but rave about how comfy they are for several weeks after she purchased them. And she’s right, they are pretty comfy. The platform part of the wedge is so high that you don’t really feel like you are wearing heels, and the lining is fabric so they don’t rub at all.

Red cardi – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
White t – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Black and white polka dot skirt – New Look (charity shop)
Red wedges – River Island
Red beads – eBay
Silver hoops – gifted

Total Est. Cost £55

1 comment:

  1. Such a lovely cute look! I am not much a red clothes wearer but those wedges would work in my wardrobe!!

    ReplyDelete