Sunday, September 16, 2012

Over The Knee Boots – Hot or Not for Fall 2012?


I’ve had a few questions recently asking whether over the knee boots will still be in vogue for this season and whether I’d seen them in any stores or magazines as yet. Over the knee boots have been featured in countless fashion spreads and adverts in the various September issues I’ve read so far (and I’ve read a LOT of them).


I’ve seen them by the following designers/brands:
Roland Mouret
Isabella Oliver
Vince Camuto
Jimmy Choo
Tom Ford
River Island
Hermes
Joseph Altuzarra
Gianvito Rossi for Altuzarra
Carolina Herrera


Lucky magazine did a feature on boot heights and skirt lengths and they said to balance a short skirt with over the knee boots. This is something I have been saying for YEARS! Personally, as long as they’re done tastefully I love over the knee boots. I have three pairs and fully intend to get plenty of wear out of them this autumn and winter. If you are thinking of investing in a pair this year there are bound to be many options available on the high street (River Island are certainly doing a pair). Flats are easier to pull off than heels but stay away from patent leather (Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman is NOT the look you are aiming for) and there’s no reason why you can’t wear a heeled boot. Suede (or faux-suede) is always a good option keeping things classy and wearing them over jeans is a great way to dress them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment