Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Outfit: Layers

16-01-13


16-01-13d


Mustang Alora boots


Minus 5 outside this morning people. Fun times. Fortunately I had layered up accordingly. Under the sweater you see here is a thermal top and under that, a vest. Those are not tights you see on my legs, they are over the knee socks. I have thick tights on underneath them. The scarf was designated as part of my outfit so that stayed on all day. And I was STILL cold to start with this morning.

16-01-13b


Anyway, other than layering up this was an attempt to pair this skirt with something other than pink and black. I took a good look at the pattern last week and decided to pick out the grey and blue elements of it today. I think it would have worked better if I wasn’t so bundled up though. And if this sweater wasn’t a bit big now, forcing me to add the belt for a bit of shape. Next time: green and purple. Maybe.

16-01-13c


Last night I went to the gym for step class, then cleaned the bathroom and vacced when I got back. Just an ever-exciting Tuesday night at my house.

Grey sweater – Long Tall Sally
Velvet skirt – vintage M&S
Grey socks – Long Tall Sally
Grey tights – Tesco
Grey boots – Mustang (c/o Sarenza)
Blue infinity scarf – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Blue Obi belt – ASOS

Total Est. Cost £52

2 comments:

  1. I WANT THAT BELT! So cute. And it's hard to keep your personal style while staying warm but you do it well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And I got this belt half price on ASOS a couple of years ago. Not sure whether they still do them but there's bound to be something similar on eBay. It's not leather, none of the Obi belts I have are.

    ReplyDelete