Monday, January 21, 2013

Snow Day!

I’m working from home today so no picture as I was working from home and wearing pretty much what I wore yesterday (the polo neck is black today). Here’s some pictures of the snow instead.

21-01-13
This was our street first thing this morning: hence why I worked at home today

21-01-13b
The young man cleared our drive around 8am before he went to work (he has a 4 wheel drive and works much closer to home than I do): this was how it looked by 9.30am

I took a walk to the village at dinnertime and it was very quiet everywhere. I was wandering along, looking for the top of a road to go down and could barely see where the road was as it just blended in to the pavements and grass either side. It hadn’t been gritted and there were kids sledging down it. I walked down and when I was almost at the bottom a car started coming down. Well, it slipped and slid sideways part of the way, and the driver looked very relieved when she made it to the bottom in one piece. Yes, it was a woman driving and no, she hadn’t cleared much of the snow off her car. Muppet. I got what I needed from the village and headed home and was doing fine until some knobhead boy racer in a Vauxhall Corsa came flying down the main road sending slush spraying all over me. So thanks for that, whoever you were.

21-01-13c
This is a colour photo, I promise! Trees at the other end of the village

Normal service may or may not resume tomorrow: it’s snowed pretty much all day today so it will depend whether we get more overnight as to whether I go in tomorrow or not.

2 comments:

  1. Wow that is so much snow! It snowed EXTREMELY lightly in Melbourne once and everyone went insane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a lot of snow, even by the Frozen North's standard! It's supposed to thaw at the weekend but with sub-zero temperatures forecast until then, I think it'll be hanging around a few more days.

    ReplyDelete