Monday, February 11, 2013

Outfit: 30x30 Day 13, Outfit 13

11-02-13


11-02-13d


Georgia Rose red booties


No, I didn’t miscount; I took the day off from 30x30ing yesterday. It was Sunday, it snowed/rained/snowed again non-stop all day and because of that I didn’t leave the house. So I just stayed in my cosy hoodie and the jeans I put on when I got up. It was a thoroughly lazy day and I quite enjoyed it. I did some washing and ironing, baked a chocolate cake/traybake, finally finished watching Season 4 of Gossip Girl (and purchased Season 5 on Blinkbox ready to start watching that), watched some You Tube videos, and drank lots of tea. It was great.

11-02-13c


Saturday didn’t quite turn out as planned as my friend was ill so we ended up setting off to York late afternoon. We arrived in time to have some tea and then went to the theatre to see 9 To 5 the musical. The show was fabulous. It was based on the 9 To 5 movie which starred Dolly Parton and was set in 1979, just like the film. Dolly has written all the additional songs for the musical so all the numbers are a very high standard. The show itself is very funny and the cast are superb. Bonnie Langford was in the performance we saw and at 48 (I thought she must be older than that as I can remember her on TV when I was little, but she must just have been very young back then) she can still sing and dance (in her underwear) as well as anyone half her age. Natalie Casey (Hollyoaks, Two Pints of Lager) was in it and the lead role was played by Jackie Clune who was excellent. The girl playing Dolly’s role from the film did a great impression of her and had a fabulous country singing voice. Dolly appears on a screen above the stage at the beginning of each half and again at the end, and acts as the narrator, setting the scene and then telling you what happened to each of the characters later in life at the end. If the 9 To 5 tour comes near you I would definitely recommend it.

11-02-13b


So on to today. The snow overnight settled but not enough to make the roads impassable. I had thought of wearing my red and white stripy top today but switched to this sweater instead as I knew it would be cold outside.

Red sweater – Long Tall Sally
Black dress – H&M
Black tights – Primark
Red suede booties – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Red belt – mall market stall
Turquoise necklace – Dorothy Perkins
Silver earrings – gifted

Total Est. Cost £83

3 comments:

  1. You're looking very slim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise (whatlouwore365)12 February 2013 at 20:14:00 GMT

    Agree with Mary, that's exactly what I thought when I saw these pics Fi, esp the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure it's just the way I'm standing, or the belt or something, but thank you!

    ReplyDelete