Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Outfit: Polka Dots and Union Flag Shoes

09-04-13


09-04-13b


09-04-13e


Irregular Choice Patty


I am totally obsessed with anything polka dotted at present. Case in point: when I have been thrifting recently I have scanned the racks for anything with spots or stripes and that led to me spotting (sorry) this skirt the other week in a charity shop close to work. It was £3.50 I think and is right up my street, being navy with white spots. I snapped it up straight away.

09-04-13d


Last night I went home and watched an episode of Gossip Girl – one more ep of Season 5 to go then I need to buy Season 6. I went to the gym and did some time on the cross trainer and various hill intervals on the treadmill, then came home, got showered and we watched an episode of Lost.

09-04-13c


Margaret Thatcher died yesterday. For those that don’t know, she was Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1979 to 1990. (Watch The Iron Lady – Meryl Streep is awesome and it will give you a lesson in recent British history.) So until I was almost 11 the Prime Minister was a woman and to me, there was no reason she wouldn’t always be a woman. I remember my parents watching the 1980’s TV comedy series Yes, Prime Minister and not understanding for the life of me why the Prime Minister in it was a man. That was a woman’s job, surely? Today’s choice of shoes had nothing to do with that – I picked them out just because they are red and blue and matched the rest of my outfit, but I suppose they were quite appropriate really.

Navy faux wrap sweater – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Red top – Long Tall Sally (similar)
Navy and white polka dot pencil skirt – Next (charity shop) (similar)
Union Flag shoes – Irregular Choice (gifted)
Silver hoops – gifted
Red beads – eBay (similar)
Blue ring – charity shop

Total Est. Cost £32

1 comment: