Thursday, May 16, 2013

Outfit: Red Jeans, Grey Sweater, Stripes and Zebra

16-05-13


16-05-13b


16-05-13e


George Zebra Flats


Today was kind of manic. We are moving offices tomorrow and so the packing up began today in earnest. I had filled three crates with books and stationery supplies before I’d even started on my own desk. I knew I might get a bit dusty and there would be lots of running around so I dressed accordingly in jeans, flats and a simple sweater.

16-05-13c


16-05-13d


Last night I spent quite a while reading the brilliance that is Grasping For Objectivity (especially the posts about denim). We watched some 999 emergency programme on TV, about emergency service workers on motorbikes, then a couple of episodes of Only Fools and Horses. I also played on my iPad. At the weekend our friends’ little girl had a fashion boutique game on her DS and she let me have a go. It was fab so this week I had a look in the Apple app store to see whether anything similar was available for iPad. And it is! It’s called Fashion Star and it’s kind of addictive. You can design clothes either to your own specification or to meet the requests of your clients, sell your designs in your own boutique and make outfits with them. I guess it’s a fashion based version of something like The Sims (which I’ve never played so I can’t be sure). You earn money and gift cards and can use them to purchase further design templates, fabrics and client requests. I don’t play Candy Crush Saga that everyone seems to be addicted to because I’ve heard it sucks you in and you lose all your time to it. Looks like this game could do the same to me!

Red jeans – New Look Tall (eBay)
Grey stripe top (worn backwards) – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Grey sweater – New Look Tall
Zebra print flats – George at Asda (eBay)
Black and silver bracelets – gifted
Whitby Jet cross – gifted
Silver square hoops – Claire’s

Total Est. Cost £28

No comments:

Post a Comment