Monday, September 16, 2013

Outfit: Shoeper Challenge 2013/14 Save 15 | Fall Layers, Double Denim and Tights Weather

16-09-13


16-09-13c


16-09-13e


NOW Discount Red


It’s happened. Earlier than I had hoped too. With forecast highs of just 10°C plus wind, rain and goodness knows what else, tights weather has arrived. And I’m actually not that sad about it. I moved my tights when I reorganised my closet on Saturday so they are more accessible now, and I prefer thick tights to thin ones as they don’t ladder so easily.

16-09-13b


16-09-13d


I’m doing double denim today with this skirt and shirt. I am sick of being cold in the office so layering is definitely the way to go. I added a red layer (and a second, sneaky red layer in the form of a tank top under my shirt, in case the top button decides to fall undone as it is wont to do) and red shoes because one of my life mottos* is ‘if in doubt, wear red shoes’. Again, red shoes are a closet staple for me because although they are not a neutral, they can be used in place of a neutral and go with pretty much everything. This pair was gifted to me by NOW Discount Shoes several years back, around the time with my original pair of red heels was about to bite the dust. I love the point toe and the high-but-not-too-high heel.

Red cardi – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Denim/chambray shirt – H&M
Denim pencil skirt – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Navy tights – Debenhmas (sale)?
Red shoes – c/o NOW Discount Shoes
Red and cream bangles – gifted
Silver hoops – gifted
Silver belt – Primark
Navy heart necklace – Scope


*I have two life mottos, the second one being ‘life is too short for handwashing’.


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment