Thursday, November 07, 2013

Thursday Latelies

Here’s what I’ve been enjoying this week:

  • Half day closing – my village still has half day closing on a Tuesday (why yes, I do live in the mid-1980s) and usually this is a pain in the ass when you need to get to the post office or something and it’s shut. But when you just want to park up to run into the convenience store it’s a God-send as the village is pretty much empty and there’s loads of parking spaces.
  • Betty’s Treacle Tart – after we had lunch in Betty’s Tea Rooms on Saturday I picked up a couple of the treacle tarts from the attached bakery shop to take home for tea. I can confirm that these are just as delicious heated up at home and served with custard as they are when served in the tea rooms with ice cream and toffee sauce.
  • Minesweeper for iPad – back when I first had a Windows PC I was addicted to playing the Minesweeper game. The other night it occurred to me that a version was probably available for iPad, checked the app store and less than five minutes later my addiction was reignited.



Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment