Thursday, January 09, 2014

Outfit: Blue and Burgundy

09-01-14b


09-01-14e


Sarenza Bocage Dimao boots


I was going to wear my bright red jeans with this sweater today, but I thought that was more of a spring colour combination. Burgundy is just such a rich colour that it works so well in autumn and winter. I also wore the cowl neck/snood from yesterday’s dress. It was out on the spare bed and the cream seemed to really go with the burgundy and the blue.

09-01-14


Last night I went home and put a turkey and rice casserole in the slow cooker. It only needed two hours and the young man was going to be late home so it was the perfect time to try out the recipe. It was basically just turkey, rice and veg with some chicken stock poured over it. It was OK but it was a bit bland. I would definitely add something else in to give it some flavour if I made it again.

09-01-14c


I also baked some brownies using the jar of dry ingredients our friends gave us for Christmas. All I had to do was add melted butter and beaten eggs and mix it. Possibly the easiest brownies I’ve ever made and they’re delicious!

09-01-14d


Once my baking was done I sat down with my knitting and a couple of episodes of Gossip Girl on DVD.

Blue sweater – Long Tall Sally (sale)
Burgundy jeans – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Leopard print booties – Bocage (c/o Sarenza)
Cream scarf – free with dress
Cream bead necklace – New Look (sale)
Silver earrings – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment