Friday, January 10, 2014

Outfit: It’s All In The Detail

10-01-14


10-01-14e


Bank Blonde & Blonde Shiloh studded ankle boots


Casual Friday and my outfit is made up of basics. But just because an item is basic, it doesn’t have to be boring. It’s all about the details.

10-01-14c


Exhibit A: cord elbow patches on a cosy knitted sweater. I love cord!
Exhibit B: polka dots on blue jeans – what’s more fun than that?
Exhibit C: zip and studs on flat suede boots. A plain, neutral boot is suddenly lifted out of the ordinary.
Exhibit D: check scarf. I could have worn a plain one but went for this handmade (by me!) checked one instead to mix my patterns and add some more interest.

10-01-14b


Last night was supermarket shop night, then I got busy in the kitchen with a slow cooker experiment. I’ve put some stuffed pork medallions on a bed of carrots, onions and apples and then put some jacket potatoes wrapped in foil on top of that. I’m crossing my fingers that it all cooks OK and I think it should, but I’ll let you know how it turns out.

10-01-14d


Happy weekend y’all!

Blue wool sweater – Fredrik Andersson (TK Maxx)
Polka dot jeans – Long Tall Sally (eBay)
Beige suede boots – Blonde & Blonde (c/o Bank)
Blue check scarf – handmade by me
Leopard print hoops – gifted
Wood heart necklace – Scope


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment