Thursday, July 17, 2014

Outfit: How to Mix Bright Colours and Pastels

15-07-14c


15-07-14f

Matalan cream black quilt MJs


Happy Thursday everyone! This outfit is from Tuesday this week – I’m behind on my posting and I don’t even care!

15-07-14d


15-07-14b


There’s really not much how-to about mixing brights and pastels. In the words of that famous sportswear brand: Just Do It! Choose a bright and a pastel that play well off each other (I like how the orange pops against the mint) and go with it. I only hit on this combination as I needed a bandeau under my top as it’s too low cut for work. I was going to go with white or black and white stripes, but my shoes are cream and I am anal about not putting white with cream so I picked out my orange bandeau instead. I have a bright turquoise one that I might try next time. From there it was a no-brainer to add the orange jacket.

15-07-14e


15-07-14


When your outfit is this colourful it might be wise (but not mandatory) to stick to neutral shoes as I’ve done here. Black and cream is a classic combination and let me add black bangles and a black-toned necklace to finish off the look.

Orange jacket – c/o TM Lewin
Mint top – Jasper Conran (charity shop)
Orange bandeau – New Look
Mint jeans – Primark (eBay)
Cream and black shoes – Matalan
Necklace – Scope
Bangles – Scope
Silver hoops – gifted


Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment