Friday, September 05, 2014

On Being An Aunt | The Language of Love with La Redoute


“I’m Aunt Monica. I will always... I will always... have gum.”

There are several children in my life that call me Aunty Fí, but only one of them is actually related to me. That doesn’t make the others any less special, but my niece is the littlest and she’s extra special. She is 2¼ now and is talking in pretty much full sentences – in fact she never shuts up. She is cute and funny and a very smiley, happy little girl.

Being an aunt is great – to all of them. I get to teach them things, play with them, tell them about what life was like when I was their age (often to their utter disbelief – “we didn’t have no internets or cell phones when I was your age little girl, we had to go to the library and look things up in a book, buy a TV guide and make plans and stick to them”) and then hand them back at the end of the day.

So this post is a shout out to little Popsicle and to the other three who I am proud to tell people I am their aunt, even if I’m not really related. I love you all.

La Redoute’s latest campaign is The Language of Love. The company’s manta is French Style Made Easy and if there’s one thing the French are famous for it’s speaking the language of love. You can check out their new campaign video below and get a bit of French style in your life.




Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment