Sunday, December 18, 2016

Outfit: December 8th – More Festive Red

08-12-16


08-12-16b


08-12-16d


08-12-16c


08-12-16e


08-12-16f


08-12-16g


Georgia Rose red cowboy boots


I had forgotten that I had these boots over the summer and I remembered them again around October time. Given that it’s taken me this long to get around to wearing them makes me think that they’re not a pair of boots I wear often (right now, they aren’t) so I was surprised to discover that they have been re-heeled at some point, suggesting that at one time they did get a lot of wear. They have enough of a heel to work with flared/wide leg trouser that are too long for flats, but the heel is low enough that they are super comfy to walk in.

I went with my bright red sweater again today because it’s a colour I don’t think you can really go wrong with in December. But also because it’s a thin knit and the weather just got unseasonably warm again (13˚C anyone?) so big, cosy sweaters aren’t really necessary this week. Neither are wool pants really, but when you have pair of wool pants in a tall fit, you wear them, because it has been 11 years since you bought them and you haven’t seen any tall length pants in such a good quality fabric anywhere else since.

The waves in my hair from the previous day didn’t really last beyond the evening, so I straightened it the following morning. Ironically though, by the time I’d walked to work in the rain there were waves creeping in again. Why is it that we always want the hair we don’t have?

Sweater – Long Tall Sally
Trousers – Dorothy Perkins Tall
Boots – Georgia Rose (c/o Sarenza)
Necklace – gifted

Follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment